English Teachers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English Teachers

A forum for teachers of English in Egypt

Advanced Grammar Quiz (1)

Admin
    Admin

Advanced Grammar Quiz (1) Empty Advanced Grammar Quiz (1)

Post by Admin Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Advanced Grammar Quiz (1)

Fill in the gaps using the word(s) in the following list:

was - once - however - were - such - used to - that - owing to - 'd rather - since - little - not - do - so - to

1- I -------------------------- that you didn't drive so fast.

2- Although fraternal twins are born at the same time, they do not tend to resemble each other any more than ------------------other siblings.

3- Not -------------------I started school have I had so much spare time.

4- ----------------------afraid were the townspeople that they hardly ventured out of their neighbourhoods.

5- --------------------- did the soldiers know about the attack of the enemy.

6- --------------------- have not been invited to the party made her upset.

7- --------------------- unless I do my homework will my parents allow me to go to the party.

8- Caroline ------------------------ to have spent the entire summer sculpting, but she ended up working at a bank for a month.

9- Not ------------------ have I missed my English class this year.

10- It ------------------ be my brother who did all the cooking, but now we all help.

11- --------------------- the fact that we had been burned by the sun, we applied a soothing ointment to our faces.

12- ---------------------- languages have many differences is obvious.

13- He would send me a post card ------------------ he to know my address.

14- You can't move that stone ----------------------- strong you are.

15- The police thoroughly investigated the burglary. They concluded that only experienced thieves could have accomplished --------------- a heist.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 pm