English Teachers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English Teachers

A forum for teachers of English in Egypt

Advanced Vocabulary Quiz (1)

Admin
    Admin

Advanced Vocabulary Quiz (1) Empty Advanced Vocabulary Quiz (1)

Post by Admin Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Advanced Vocabulary Quiz (1)

Read the sentences below and decide which of these words best fits each space.

You may need to change the form of the word.

redolent; incapable; precluded; rite; confer; rendering; correlation; prevail; officiating; deploy; criterion; reminiscent; clarified; obey; bestow - emulate - largess

1 - The small number of students have ---------------------the school from offering as many courses this year.

2 - Magda is ----------------- the book into Polish from English.

3 - Could you -------------the first point please? I don't understand it completely.

4 - There's little --------------between success in life and a university degree.

6 - Students should --------------------- their teachers without question!

7 - She is noted for her -----------------------. She gives her friends a lot of gifts.

8 - Gosia's an excellent mathematician, but as a lecturer she's totally --------------------

9 - He ----------------a powerful argument against the proposal.

10 - Szczecin University-----------------------an honourary degree on Lech Wa³êsa.

11 - The Professorship was -------------------upon him in 1999.

12 -The success of the school should not be judged by
    financial--------------------- alone.

13 - You have to go through an initiation --------------before you're accepted into the Tolkien society.

14 - This room is ----------------------of the smell of the old library at Trinity College.

15 - One of my new students is --------------------------of my ex-girlfriend.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm